Nebraska Legislature Website Pages: I’m including a few of the links we talked about in addition to some of the most “frequently used” pages on the Nebraska Legislature website in case you want to bookmark them for later.LWVNE Legislative Advocacy Resources: This is from last session but I wanted to share some example letters so you can see what we wrote on and what those letters looked like.Data/Research Resources: here are some of the best data/research resources I have come across. If others have favorite go-to’s, please share!
- Open Sky Policy Institute – Nebraska based think tank that focuses primarily on budget and the policy issues that impact it most. I find the primers and issue briefs (under the Publications tab) to be easy to understand and invaluable
- UNO Center for Public Affairs Research – incredible hub of Nebraska specific information. They also work directly with policy makers so it’s a good shared set of facts
- Nebraska Tax Rates & Rankings – easy to understand overview of tax stats with links to studies and other resources
- Nebraska Dept of Education Snapshot – easy to navigate key data points searchable by year
- Census Interactive Gallery – an hodge podge of topics with state, county, city level data. The Census website also has a lot of other wonderful data but it can be a bit challenging to navigate, especially if you are data novice (like me)